My Downward Spiral. Powered by Whiskey.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

WHISKEY NEEDS YOUR ASSISTANCE

I need to source this grommet and sleeved washer (my terminology). I
have no idea what they are from, most likely Yamaha but could be
Suzuki. Manufacturer doesn't matter, just similar specifications -
need for a project and these are from a coffee can of accumulated
motorbike bits and bobs I had on hand.

Grommet is approximately 18mm across.

Sleeved washer is approximately 14mm across, 8mm deep (length that
goes through grommet), and would fit a M6 bolt or so.

Post a comment if you have ideas. I just need direction like 'try a
side panel from a 1982 Seca 550 J' and I'll try to cross reference
your direction to a microfiche.

Cheers, WHISKEY

2 comments:

  1. Moto Guzzi Lemans side cover grommet??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, good call but it'd be tough to source around here. I'm sure one of the Japanese Four has something similar (piece pictured is probably Yamaha) but I just haven't had the time to plod through microfiches...thanks for the idea though!

    ReplyDelete